Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Money Tree


I have a little time on my hands today since bronchitis has creeped back up on me and grabbed me in the last two days. I don't smoke, but if there is a swift change of weather, I get sick. Our weather went from the 20s at night, to a little over 70 degrees F in the last couple of day during daylight hours. According to my dermatologist, people here in Georgia, are more prone than anyway else on the planet to have skin and breathing allergies. This year I have not experienced any skin allergies which dry out and make dark blotches on my cheeks. Two years ago, my dermatologist gave me the weapons I needed to moisturize, so this year my skin has not been a problem.

Bronchitis hasn't been much of a problem either. Each time I go to Turkey, my lungs seem to get cleared out, I guess because of the proximity of the sea. Strangely, the excessive smoking of some Turks don't seem to aggravate my allergies very much. It is just when I come back to Georgia....Still this year my bouts with bronchitis have been few and far between with me rarely having to use my inhaler.

This week has been pretty good. On my evening job, I am displaying well that I have a special touch with customers, and my sells conversions have been exceptionally good. Like my mom continues to say, "There will always be some Turks in your life." Maybe there will be. Suffice it to say, there is one who has tried to hold on to me for close to 2 years now. And now that I am becoming convinced of his sincerity, I now no longer want it or hope it to be off again on again between us.

Last Sunday, we had the centennial birthday celebration for Miss Lizzie Swanson which I mentioned in my Saturday post. The highlight of the event was that Miss Lizzie's church decided to make a money tree for her. The tree was brought after she arrived from church with the people who took her there. A tall, green artificial plant was made into a money tree with bills attached by straight pins to each leaf. In the end, the money which was collected by adults and children at her church came to $834. $834 won't go an enormously long way with today's inflation, but at 100, Miss Lizzie's needs are frugal. It was a great day for her, and she looks great at 100. Still feisty at 100!

No comments:

Sincerae Bonita Smith's Facebook profile