Tuesday, November 27, 2007

How To Make Your Facebook Profile More Romantic


When I first heard of Facebook, I was sceptical to say the least about its' usefulness. I had heard a lot about the dangers of sites like MySpace through the news media. Since Facebook was similar I really was not interested in getting involved in it.

It was through reading the comments of a blogger who is a Facebook enthusiast, on another blogger's site that I decided to do a little investigating. I did not feel that Facebook could be intellectually challenging or stimulating. Finally I set up a Facebook account, and deleted it about 5 times until now.

During Thanksgiving vacation I discovered a number of interesting applications on the site that are both rather stimulating intellectually and aesthetically. I think of them as Romance features. They are quizzes like "What Les Miserables Character are You?" "How Romantic are You?" "What Music Instrument are You?" quotes by famous people like Martin Luther King, Marilyn Monroe, or Che Guevara, and the photo and art applications.

I am very proud to say that my Facebook profile is not a hodge podge of silly applications like the Vampire games (I do have the feature from the invitation of a dear friend, however) but my profile has lovely photos, quotes, videos and a border on the left hand side of vintage, photographic and classic art. My art gallery contains works from artists as diverse as Van Gogh to Andy Warhol. There is an Russian iconic painting. The vintage posters are everything from old movie, US military recruitment, travel, and advertisement posters to notices for artists like Billie Holiday and Thelonious Monk

I wish I could share my profile here, but one has to have a Facebook account to access it. If you have an account and want to peek at mine, my profile is Sincerae Bonita Smith. Check it out and if you have similar interests to mine and if you are also a Romantic, add me as a friend:) Then maybe you would like to go on and make your Facebook profile interesting and romantic too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy you are a Facebook aficionado, as well as a blogger. Good luck in your endeavors into the mind of the intellectuality that all of this brings to our wonderful world of compatibility and friendship.

:)

Sincerae (means "Morningstar") said...

Oh goody Metin! I was hoping you would be the first to write here.

If I had not found that intellectual element on Facebook, I would have kissed the site permanently good-bye. Whenever I do anything I give it my 100%, and Facebook had to be that way too. I am not the consummate intellectual or Romantic yet, but I am working on it:)

Unknown said...

Sincerea, why don't you add your facebook to your blog?
Kindest

Sincerae Bonita Smith's Facebook profile