Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Native American Romance





Lee Bogle is an American artist who lives in the Pacific Northwest. He was formerly a teacher, but when his artwork gained great demand, he left the profession to go into painting and drawing full-time.
The subject matter of a lot of his work deals with nature. My favorites are his Native American pieces.
When I fill out an application that asks for race, I list myself as black or African-American which is a limited picture of my heritage. I am actually of mixed heritage being of African, European, and Native American descent. I have Native American blood on both sides of my family.
Subject matter on Native Americans holds a certain fascination for me. When I first discovered Lee Bogle's work I was immediately drawn to its' beauty and Romance. His Native American lovers have a quiet Romance and innocence, even a degree of eroticism about them.

Bogle says of his work, " I try to convey a spirituality in my art that the viewer must interpret for himself. I want my paintings to show a peaceful comtemplation and express a depth of serenity that comes only with quiet inner peace."

No comments:

Sincerae Bonita Smith's Facebook profile